Tuesday, September 1, 2015

PD for a Purpose

Last week our teachers returned to work with two full days of professional development. As an ITRT, this is one of our busiest times of the year as professional development is the foundation of our mission statement:

I was delighted to assist Jamie Mullenaux in her Google Classroom sessions on Thursday as we showed teachers how easy it is to use Google products for class communication and collaboration. As an Edmodo Ambassador, I'm interested in comparing the two platforms to guide teachers in their decision-making as to which tool is a best fit for their needs.

Friday was a fun day for me as I began by sharing a session on blogging - my passion! Sadly, Kidblog is no longer a free platform this school year so my training had to shift focus a bit, spending more time exploring a multitude of platforms, emphasizing Kidblog and Blogger. (I'm still trying to figure out how to make Blogger work for students since they can't receive the gmail notification to be added as an author to a teacher blog.)

The afternoon continued the fun as a new group arrived to learn how social media can be used in a positive way to enhance professional development. We explored various platforms, including my favorite - Twitter, and soaked up more learning than our brains could contain thanks to the collaborative efforts of my own virtual PLN who generously shared their resources! We even tweeted out a selfie to capture our joy of learning!

To round out a fabulous day of learning and sharing, I finally got to eat a Carytown Cupcake I had been saving all week, purchased by my favorite teenager who knows my weakness for anything chocolate mint! What a wonderful way to start off a new school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment